Heah Mee @ Jalan Ipoh

Heah mee, is equivalent to prawn noodle in Hokkien, only apply to Hokkien in Southern region of Peninsular Malaysia. It is called Hokkien mee in Penang though.

In KL, it is quite hard to find good Penang food that taste as good as those in Penang. FK and I found a nice prawn noodle stall in Jalan Ipoh. The noodle is simply covered with plentiful of shrimps and dried shrimps.. half of a boiled eggs, kang kung, lean pork and umami taste prawn soup that satisfied the two hungry man at 10.30pm last Saturday.

Another thing to recommend is the 'luk mei tong shui' or my own translation 6 flavour soup. This is the best luk mei tong shui that I have tasted, all the 6 ingredients (jelly, lotus seeds, winter melon candy, quail egg, brown jelly and big sago) have their original taste.

A great supper, a taste that brought me to my childhood memories, the time that my parents brought me for heah mee and luk mei tong shui after shopping at Hankyu Jaya once upon a time.

Comments

Popular Posts